About Republic Financial
Founded in 1971, Republic Financial Corporation is a private investor with a diverse portfolio of operating companies and assets. The company has three core business disciplines: Special Assets, Portfolio Companies and Commercial Aviation. Special Assets invests in distressed commercial debt, and distressed companies and projects. Portfolio Companies include mid-market investments and growth opportunities in a wide range of industries. Commercial Aviation acquires, leases, and manages commercial aircraft assets. Republic is committed to providing the capital, expertise, and resources necessary to close each and every transaction in a timely manner.
Republic has achieved consistent success for over 40 years by developing creative solutions to difficult and complex business situations and by enhancing value for stakeholders.
Republic formed its Special Assets group in 1997. Since the group’s inception, it has completed more than 200 transactions with a face value in excess of $1.7 billion.
GMT Global Republic Aviation has acquired more than 100 aircraft valued at more than $1 billion.
Republic’s Portfolio Companies business has owned more than 20 companies with combined annual revenues greater than $1 billion.
What sets Republic Financial apart from other private investment companies?
- More Than 40 Years in Business: Since 1971, Republic Financial has succeeded under common ownership and its commitment to value creation for all involved parties
- Committed Capital: Existing dedicated capital sources
- Expertise to Undertake Complex Transactions: Skills to create exit strategies for existing investors in difficult or troubled assets or credits
- Diverse Operating Company and Asset Ownership Experience: Wide range of middle market operating companies, troubled financial assets
- Significant Internal Competencies: Multi-disciplined, tightly integrated internal resources, including dedicated underwriting team and in-house legal focused on timely closing of transactions
- Flexibility & Creativity: Long-term commitment with flexible exit and liquidity options. Structures that work for all relevant constituents.
- Ability to Recognize and Add Value for all Parties: Expertise to see value in existing assets
- “Do the Right Thing”: Conduct business ethically, with a long-term relationship focus